Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Jam Day

Making jam with Audrey and Rosalie today, because you always need helpers on jam day. 

We had SO many plums this year! My tree is still full. 


Pulled out all our canning supplies, plus the cute new 'vintage' Mason jars I found at the hardware store. 


My little helpers, in homemade aprons. 


I've never been quite so thankful that my husband installed a pot-filler by the stove top. This made things SO much easier!


Tea break, with my favorite thrifted teacup in my (small so far) collection. 


Our plums are so tiny, the girls used a cherry pitter and worked for quite awhile on our first 4 pound batch. 


I had time to hand stitch the collar facing down while my minions stirred the pot!


The return on our investment - not bad for a morning's work! Note to self: you can't actually see the cute blue glass when the jars are full of jam, it just looks like a mysterious black substance inside. Oh well!
I still have about eight more pounds of fruit to go...perhaps I should invest in another cherry pitter?!








No comments:

Post a Comment