Friday, January 18, 2013

And she's on a roll!

Whipping up something for my niece Jos and her 9th birthday tomorrow! I found Simplicity 1927 on sale for $1 at my trusty JoAnn Fabric store located just a mile away and this fun cherry gingham print for 40% off. I cut the 8 in the bodice and 10 in the length for my little beanpole. It ended up being a trifle snug on my test model, but thankfully the actual birthday girl is quite a bit more slender.

It came together pretty easily. I cut and sewed all in one day with time to scrub my house in the middle, and am just finishing tacking down the facings. Hope she likes it! I'm giving it to her tomorrow when my second dad takes the whole family to see the Harlem Globetrotters in Oakland with a Fenton's chaser.








No comments:

Post a Comment