Friday, January 18, 2013

Squee!

Just got email confirmation from Heather Ross that I scored the LAST FREAKING SPOT in the sewing workshop that she's teaching with Gretchen Hirsch in two weeks. I think I just peed my pants I'm so excited!
I'm such a big fan of them both, I remember grabbing 'Weekend Sewing' hot off the press in 2009 and skipping off to work my way through Heather's projects. Also, I used her pj pants pattern when I cranked out 11, yes count'em 11 pairs as gifts this past holiday season. It's like the magic fit that works on everyone! And Gertie, well, let's just say that she's at the top of my bookmarks for a reason! I love the bow tie blouse I made from her book and just bought and washed some lovely floral cotton to make another.
Anyway, my friend Susannah and I are heading to lovely Carmel to stay at our kind and gracious friend Kelly's vacation house during the workshop, since all the spots at Asilomar were booked (hello, late to the party!). We are considering which HR/GH patterns to make in the coming weeks so we'll have something fun to wear while we're there, too! NOT the pj pants, I'm juuuust a little over those for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment