Monday, September 17, 2012

The Gertie Blouse

So, the very second I saw this fabric in a remnant bin at Stonemountain & Daughter, I knew something cool needed to be made out of it. But what?! It was under two yards and nothing jumped to mind. If you're a recovering hoarder, stop reading now, because I bought it anyway, and held onto it for months because I knew the right thing would come along. Behold! The bow tie blouse of Gertie's was the perfect  pattern!


This is the Peter Pan collar option from her new book. It came together so quickly that I now love it and want to make a dozen more. Oh, and it looks purty darn cute too, if I do say so myself. I just need to make a Ginger skirt in black to complete the outfit.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it in that fabric! I think we must have a similar taste in fabric because I bought the same one a while back :) Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I adore this fabric and want more more more! Stonemountain didn't have any more the last time I checked, though. Sadness.

      Delete