Tuesday, September 25, 2012

New Obsession

So, you all know how I feel about my Peter Pan blouse, but as I wear it ( a lot!) I notice that it rides up in funny ways over the chest and shoulder. I'm always having to tug it down. Since I happened to pick up a Violet blouse pattern at the Colette book signing this past weekend, well, ho hum, it looks like I may have to make one. Or two. I'm thinking the buttons down the front and set-in sleeves, as opposed to kimono style, will address my fitting concerns. Especially since I picked up these fabulous fabrics at Verb for 15% off during the event.


The striped fabric is actually woven in, not just printed on. I'm thinking it needs a pop, like scarlet piping around the collar and my red vintage buttons from my recent haul. The pinwheel-y retro print didn't jump out at me until I saw it on Jesse J's store sample Rooibos and again on Lea's Rooibos. Then, it was obsession. Thankfully I found a bit left on the bolt! I want to do some kind of contrast for the Peter Pan collar, but can't think of what! Not a solid pink (I'm not much of a pink person), maybe ivory? Any ideas? Help a sewist out!

No comments:

Post a Comment