Monday, September 24, 2012

Real Live Bloggers


Such a treat last night, not only to see Sarai Mitnick of Colette Patterns, but to meet some awesome local blogstresses! Above are the charming Laura of Lilacs and Lace on the left, and the lovely Amy of Sew Well on the right. That's me in the middle, feeling a bit like the stepchild at a family reunion. These folks are so talented, and all seem to know each other! I have to say, though, that everyone was so friendly and encouraging that I felt right at home in no time. I really enjoyed meeting Lea in her Rooibos, and Daiyami in her beautiful Chantilly also! Much like knitting get-togethers, before too long we were all admiring garments, inquiring about fiber content and construction, and leaving full of inspiration, resolution, and with an undoubtedly lighter wallet.

Here's Sarai, in her own Lily dress pattern, and me in my Simplicity 2588. She graciously signed my book and listened to me ramble. I managed to score one of the coveted Anise coat patterns before they sold out, as well as the Violet top I'd had my eye on.
I was happy to find the last Juniper pattern for Erin (Miss Crayola Creepy) while we were waiting in line, I can't wait to see what she does with them!

6 comments:

  1. It was good seeing you and your gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT WAS YOU!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!! You seriously made my night, and I feel like a jerk because didn't even introduce myself! The pressure is on, I better make a good pair of pants in honor of you! haha :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're so sweet! I'm so glad I could help. And yeah, baby, you better rock those Junipers! ;-)

      Delete
  3. Okay Romy!! I was there at this function as well!!! I thought you looked familiar to me! It was great to meet you at Heather's Workshop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you too, Tracey! Hope to see you at the SF meetup next month!

    ReplyDelete